Home | Reports | Technical Documents | Tech-Blog | One-Shot Gallery | Korea ICT News | Korea Communication Market Data | List of Contributors | Become a Contributor |    
 
 
Section 5G 4G LTE C-RAN/Fronthaul Gigabit Internet IPTV/Video Streaming IoT SDN/NFV Wi-Fi KT SK Telecom LG U+ Network Protocol Samsung   Korean Vendors
 
CHANNELS     HFR    |  Mobile Fronthaul Solution  |  Carrier Ethernet Solution  | Resources        
CHANNELS     ZARAM    |  TWDM-PON SFP+ ONU  |  XGSPON 10G SFP+ ONT  |  Use cases  | Evolution of FTTH Access Network    

 

Mobile Subscriber Growth of China
July 31, 2015 | By Netmanias (tech@netmanias.com)
Comments (0)
2

 

 

 

China began 4G service back in December 2013. Today, of the nation's entire mobile service, 4G subscription has reached 17.4%, which accounts for 225 million subscribers. 

 

Thank you for visiting Netmanias! Please leave your comment if you have a question or suggestion.
1. © 2015 Netmanias • www.netmanias.com Mobile Subscriber Growth of China July 31, 2015NETMANIAS ONE-SHOT Current (June 2015) 0 200 400 600 800 1,000 1,200 1,400 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Total 4G 3G 2G 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 [million] 2G 4G 3G China: Launched 4G in Dec. 2013Korea: Launched 4G in Jul. 2011 619M 449M 225M 1293M Total Mobile Subscribers of China 289M 22.3% China Mobile China Unicom China Telecom 817M 63.0% 191M 14.7% Total 1.29B China Mobile Subscribers 619M 47.9% 4G (TD-LTE) 3G 2G 449M 34.7% 225M 17.4% Total 1.29B China Mobile Subscribers Source: MIIT Source: China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom China began 4G service back in December 2013. Today, of the nation's entire mobile service, 4G subscription has reached 17.4%, which accounts for 225 million subscribers. During the past few years, subscription for 2G and 3G has declined while 4G subscription has grown fast. In June 2015, the total mobile subscription in China reached 1.293 billion. China Mobile has 64% market share, followed by China Unicom's 22.3% and China Telecom's 14.7%. In May 2015, the subscription of mobile broadband (3G + 4G) exceeded 2G subscription for the first time. As of June 2015, of 1.293 billion mobile subscribers, 52.1% (674 million) are mobile broadband subscribers and the rest 47.9% (619 million) are 2G subscribers. Mobile Subscriber Growth of China (2011.01 – 2015.06)
Password confirmation
Please enter your registered comment password.
Password